Sunday, February 28, 2010

Called to Listen

by P'tricia Egbert, Diocese of Kentucky

As I gathered with other young people today, my heart was warmed with the silence of contemplation. As our sisters and brothers shared their interpretations of our text from Exodus, others sat and actually listened, taking in each other’s words. This communal listening filled me with hope about the week to come. As we venture out to mingle with officials and advocate for women all over the world, I will attempt to use this same contemplation and actively listen to others whose knowledge proceed my own. I hope that other generations use the young adults example, and pause to actually listen to their brothers and sisters in Christ.

Dear Lord, thank you for the opportunity to form our own opinions as well as being able to hear others. Open our hearts and ears to hear you as clearly as we hear one another and enable us to proclaim you love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment